As we continue the Praying and recitation of the Holy Rosary, I want us to learn to give ourselves some little time to Reflect and meditate deeply on the various mysteries. The MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY are Meditations on Episodes in the LIFE and DEATH of Jesus from the ANNUNCIATION to the ASCENSION and beyond, namely JOYFUL or JOYOUS MYSTERY:
THE ANNUNCIATION: The angel of God, Gabriel was sent to Mary a virgin, to announce the Good News to her. LK 1:26-37. The word of God will never FAIL.
THE VISITATION: When Mary was told that her relative Elizabeth was also pregnant in her sixth month she hastily went up to visit her cousin who in turn received a sharing of the GRACE that filled Mary’s heart. Being concerned about others even when we have our own troubles and worries to carry or bear. LK 1: 39-56.
THE BIRTH OF JESUS/NATIVITY: Here let us not just think of mere birth but the strenuous process in whichMary journeyed as a woman before she could give birth. Think of the place of birth, Herod’s chase for the child, God’s joyous revelation to poor and ordinary shepherds, and the way the wise men came to discover the truth that Herod failed to believe. God then gives a new route and direction for the wise men to return to their home. LK 2: 1-20
THE PRESENTATION: Per faithfulness to God and Tradition, Mary and Joseph presented the child to the Temple of God. The two prophecies of Simeon and Anna proclaimed and highlighted all that Jesus was destined to accomplish. LK 2 : 21-40.
THE FINDING OF JESUS IN THE TEMPLE: All Catholic parents love to have their children baptized. However, parents most often fail to give a deeper thought and consideration to dedicating their baptized children to the Lord in His Holy Church for service without reservation. This is the time to reflect on how much we dedicate and commit our families to the Lord so that our children can always be traced and found in the house of God other than elsewhere. Lk 2: 41- 52.
We have to do the same with the rest of the MYSTERIES – The Sorrowful , The Mystery of Alight/Luminous, The Glorious. Let us devote time and add our intentions to the mysteries we reflect on trusting in the unfailing intercessions of Mary our Mother.
MARY OUR MEDIATRIX PRAY FOR US
The Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a contemplative and Christocentric prayer. With the Rosary we meditate the mysteries of Joy, Sorrow, of Light and the Glory of Jesus and Mary.
BENEFITS OF THE ROSARY DEVOTION
- It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- It purifies our souls, washing away sin.
- It gives us victory over all our enemies.
- It makes it easier for us to practice virtue.
- It sets us on fire with love of our Lord.
- It enriches us with graces and merits.
- It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men, and finally to obtain all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
BLESSING OF THE ROSARY
- Sinners are forgiven.
- Souls that thirst are refreshed.
- Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
- Those who weep find happiness.
- Those who are tempted find peace.
- The poor find help.
- Religious are reformed.
- The living learn to overcome pride.
- Those who are ignorant are instructed.
- The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrage.
It is my prayerful wish that all parishioners with their families will be committed to praying of the Rosary every night before sleeping. Please have an intention set for the whole month trusting in the intercession of Mary Our Mediatrix.
– Father Seth
1. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile and happy.
2. Your true friends are those who will never avoid you just because they have met new friends.
3. If some people do not appreciate and value your presence work hard to make them value and appreciate your absence.
4. Don’t be angry with anyone who is quiet with you because there must be a reason why they are quiet, and then you will get to know the reason later.
5. It is always better to be a blessing to others at all times than to be a burden at all times.
6. Learn to forgive others not because they deserve it but, you deserve the peace that comes with forgiveness.
7. Know that everyone deserves a second chance and many more chances if they ask for forgiveness, but you must not lose your guard over their intentions.
8. You must not only talk to people in your free time, but you must free your time to talk to people.
9. You must know that the truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie will hurt for a long time.
10. You must learn to value and respect people who tell you the truth no matter how painful the truth is.
Take time to try one or two or the above each day this week. NO PERSON IS ABOVE ADVICE, LOVE, OR WISDOM. ALWAYS STAY HAPPY AND AT PEACE – Father Seth
Dearly Beloved Parishioners of St. Mary’s, Avoca and St. Patrick’s, Walnut,
Welcome to yet another beautiful week that the Lord prepares for all of us. I
commit your families and work into the hands of the almighty God for multiple
blessings, abundant graces, success and mercies.
Psalm 69:15 says” “Let not the flood sweep over me, or the deep swallow
me up or the pit close its mouth over me.” God will deliver you from every evil
flood in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. You will be out of every deep trouble
that has surrounded you.
Despite the fact that King Saul and his host of army got to the battlefield
earlier, David came last to take the victory. It is my prayer for you that no matter
who got there before you, and it does not matter what people are saying about you,
your late arrival to success in life will break barriers, your miracle will break
protocols and your testimony shall last forever.
Therefore don’t take life too seriously, always find time to laugh. Remember
that laughter not only adds years to your life but adds more life to your years. Smile for, be good to, stay with, and pray with – OTHERS FOR YOU NEVER KNOW.
Nobody knows tomorrow so never bite the hands that once fed you, the
breast that gave you comfort, or insult the home that gave you shelter.
Treat others with love because by this many have entertained angels without
HAVE A BLESSED WEEK AND STAY SAFE.
Dearly beloved Parishioners of St. Mary’s and St. Patrick’s,
It has been a long awaiting encounter for the safe arrival of me, your unworthy and humble servant. I have longed to be here earlier than the expected date but the God who has planned and prepared all of us to meet as a family, in his own appointed time has opened the way.
My prayer and hope are contained in Psalm 103; that is God’s great love for us; that what God does for us tells us what he is really like. Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name; Let all that I am praise the Lord; May I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly. (Psalms 103:1-6)
Prayer: Gracious good God, give us the grace to accept your just will in everything, including those things we cannot understand. Give us the grace of holiness in whatever we do and in whatever state in life we are. Amen
GOD BLESS US ALL